Your Neighborhood Dry Cleaner
Family Owned and Operated
Cleaning Tips & FAQ
GUM: To remove chewing gum from kids clothing - harden the gum on the
garment with ice, it will become brittle, and can be chipped off, wash
thoroughly to remove any sugar.
CANDLE WAX: Place the stained area between paper towels, or pieces of
brown paper, and press with a warm iron to absorb the wax.
PERSPIRATION: Soak the stain area in a warm white-vinegar water.
INK: Do not use hairspray on ball point pen ink. The oils and lanolin
in the hairspray can cause more stains. Bring it to us.
- Never iron fabric with a deodorant stain, as this will permanently damage
- Be very careful not to get suntan oils on garments as many of them will
- Do not attempt to remove cosmetic stains yourself, as the color in
cosmetics runs easily and enlarges the stain.
- Never wash an egg stain in hot water - this will cause the stain to set.
- The safest form of mild bleach for whitening all natural fibers is white
- A common fatal error is the use of acetone in home stain removal. Acetate
fibers will dissolve in acetone - Don't attempt your own stain removal.
- Some water spots on fabrics such as taffeta or silk can be removed by
holding the fabric over steam (as from a kettle) and then ironing gently while
- If the stain is still wet, do not rub it, or you will spread it. Simply
try and absorb excess moisture with paper towel or cotton towel.